Hiring: Sr. Ruby/Rails Back-End Developer
Vault, a student loan benefits company, is looking for a Senior Ruby-Rails Back-End Developer to join our growing team in Austin, Texas. The ideal candidate will join a growing development team to produce new features and products on-time and as-designed and will have 5+ years of relevant development experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or LinkedIn profile to apply.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant software and engineering experience and will be responsible for developing new products, features, and tools, and maintaining existing components and tools. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to collaborate related areas such as architecture, product and operations to ensure that Vault products meet high quality standards. The ideal candidate’s core focus will be to write, edit and improve the code and infrastructure for Vault’s platform. Additionally, you need to provide feedback, work on processes, voice your opinion, and contribute to the dev team. We find that high energy, smart and dedicated people are the best fit for our culture.
You are a good fit for this role if you:
- Have a BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Have written high quality code that is scalable and testable
- Have architected and built web applications that are highly scalable and secure
- Have participated in the full software development life-cycle, including the code and architecture reviews process.
- Have collaborated iteratively with the Product team to help define and clarify requirements and scope
- Have helped establish development best practices and guidelines
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails and Postgresql (Preferred) or Similar
- 2+ years of experience working with JS Frameworks (React / Ember / Vue) or Similar
- 2+ years of Agile or Scrum experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts effectively
Nice to have skills:
Prior experience working with Full stack applications
Not afraid to tackle simple front-end tasks
Prior experience working in financial service/fintech
Experience with AWS, github, circle.ci or similar tools/services
Passion for finance and basic knowledge of the student loan space
Experience supporting a SaaS and API driven product
- Unlimited vacation
- Student loan benefits (surprise!)
- Downtown office location & parking
- Taco Tuesday
- Happy hours
Email a resume to email@example.com to apply.
Vault is a student loan benefits software platform, providing employers with tools to help employees pay down their student loans faster. Vault is uncompromising in our commitment to provide conflict-free guidance and tools for both employers and employees. We work with companies of all sizes, from New York Life and Ralph Lauren to Mastercard and Pinterest, to build stronger, mutually beneficial relationships between employers and employees that measurably improve talent acquisition and employee retention. For more information, visit vault.co or follow us at @vaultbenefit.