Hiring: Director of Development
Vault, a student loan benefits company, is looking for a Director of Application Development to join our growing team in Austin, Texas. The ideal candidate will direct a development team to produce new features and products on-time and as-designed and will have 10+ years of development experience and 5+ years of management experience. Email email@example.com with your resume or LinkedIn profile to apply.
Vault, a technology company in the student loan benefits (“HR tech”) space, is seeking a Director of Application Development to join our growing team in Austin, Texas. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant software and engineering experience and will be responsible for developing new products, features, and tools, and maintaining existing components and tools. The Director of Application Development will direct both project and functional management efforts during the software development lifecycle for the development team. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to collaborate related areas such as architecture, product management and operations to ensure that Vault products meet high quality standards. The ideal candidate will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and write code, improve infrastructure, give feedback, provide mentorship, work on processes, provision machines for new employees, and lead a happy dev team. We find that high energy, smart and dedicated people are the best fit for our culture.
- Direct the Dev team within an Agile development framework
- Plan and advise the development team on technical solution sets
- Effectively leads the day to day development team, trouble shoots dev challenges and provides clear direction for the team
- Provide and administer standard procedures and principles for the department for both personnel and technical issues
- Direct the development of procedures and policies related to applications development and maintenance
- Ensures that all scoping is delivered on time, while ensuring that specifications are met and high quality products are delivered
- Keeps up to date on technological changes
- High degree of collaboration and partnerships with other peers
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 10+ years of relevant software and engineering experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Have managed or consulted with key external stakeholders
- Have established a track record of attracting, developing and retaining key talent and the ability to build high performance teams
- Ruby on Rails (ruby)
- AWS (s3, ecs, lambda, etc.)
- Sumo Logic (logging service)
- Circle.ci for testing and deployment
- Unlimited vacation
- Student loan benefits (surprise!)
- Downtown office location & parking
- Taco Tuesday
- Happy hours
Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Vault is a student loan benefits software platform, providing employers with tools to help employees pay down their student loans faster. Vault is uncompromising in our commitment to provide conflict-free guidance and tools for both employers and employees. We work with companies of all sizes, from New York Life and Ralph Lauren to Mastercard and Pinterest, to build stronger, mutually beneficial relationships between employers and employees that measurably improve talent acquisition and employee retention. For more information, visit vault.co or follow us at @vaultbenefit.